At CleanAndRecovery.com, we are dedicated to championing higher education and are thrilled to announce our esteemed college scholarship essay contest. With a prize of $1,000, this competition offers a unique opportunity for students to showcase their writing skills while addressing the pressing issue of binge drinking on college campuses. By participating in this contest, you not only stand a chance to win a generous scholarship but also contribute to raising awareness and preventing the dangers associated with excessive alcohol consumption.
Scholarship Essay Contest
Join us as we launch our $1,000 college scholarship essay contest, an initiative proudly presented by Clean And Recovery. We believe that higher education plays a vital role in shaping long-term careers and improving lifestyles. By supporting higher education, we aim to assist college students in achieving their goals while giving back to our community on a broader scale.
Scholarship Award Details
We are offering an enticing prize package for our scholarship contest winners:
- 1st Place: $1,000
- Runner-up: $250
Scholarship Eligibility Submission Requirements
To ensure fair participation, the following eligibility criteria must be met by all individuals:
- Enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a college or university degree (Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate) or a trade certification in a technical college.
- Currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution.
- Minimum age of 18 years at the time of entry.
Understanding the Issue
Binge drinking has emerged as a critical problem on college campuses, significantly impacting student performance, health, and addiction rates. Shockingly, a survey conducted by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism revealed that almost 1 in 3 students admitted to engaging in binge drinking in the past month. Binge drinking is a form of alcohol abuse that can lead to addiction, dependence, and severe long-term health consequences if left unaddressed.
Essay Submission Topic: Combating Binge Drinking
In your essay, we encourage you to explore the issue of binge drinking rates on college campuses. Drawing from personal experiences and observations at your own campus, devise strategies that can help prevent and raise awareness about the dangers and consequences of binge drinking. We urge you to develop a unique idea for an awareness and prevention campaign, providing specific details on how you would implement this campaign given the opportunity. Be imaginative, innovative, and meticulous in your approach.
Essay Submission Guidelines
To ensure a fair and organized submission process, please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing your essay:
- Your essay must be an original piece of work.
- The word count should not exceed 1,200 words.
- Judging criteria include content quality, originality, completeness, and relevance to the topic.
- Essay submission deadline: December 15, 2023.
- Scholarship award announcement: January 1, 2024.
- The scholarship funds will be awarded for the January 2024 semester. The university will receive the scholarship amount directly through the financial aid department or the university’s chosen method, ensuring it is distributed to the deserving student.
How to Enter the Clean And Recovery Scholarship Essay Contest
- Follow these simple steps to submit your essay for review in our scholarship contest:
- Ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements.
- Craft an original and compelling essay on the specified topic.
- Send your essay via email to email@example.com with the subject line “Scholarship Essay Submission.”
- Within the email, include your name, age, university/college institution, and preferred email address.
- Winners will be notified via email, so remember to check back on December 1, 2023.
If you have any questions or need further information about our scholarship, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of Participating
Winning essays will be showcased on our website, CleanAndRecovery.com, thereby generating awareness about the dangers and consequences of binge drinking on college campuses. By participating in this contest, you have an opportunity to make a meaningful impact while also potentially securing financial assistance for your education.